The Swenson Center offers fun learning opportunities for students of all ages! We offer Swedish language classes, craft workshops, and a Nordic Book Club.
Beginning on Monday, March 23rd, the Swenson Center will be closed for visitors until further notice. For assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Swenson Swedish Immigration Research Center (located at Augustana College in Rock Island, IL) is a national library and archives providing resources for the study of Swedish immigration to North America and Swedish-American studies. We also help people research their Swedish-American genealogy.
March 25, 2020
Like you, we are practicing social distancing and doing our best to flatten the curve and lessen the spread of COVID-19. We've had to cancel or move online some of our exciting new events, which was a painful but necessary decision. We send our best wishes to everyone who has been affected by this pandemic.
While our physical location is closed, we are still working from home to assist you. We wanted to take a minute to highlight some of our online resources you may find handy while cooped up indoors:
- Read Swedish Immigration to North America, a history lesson written by our director, Dr. Dag Blanck
- Check out the digital permanent exhibit on Swedish immigration
- View virtual exhibits on subjects related to our archival collections
- Watch videos of our past Ander Lecture in Immigration History series
- Play our Swedish Immigrant Trail video game (works best on a desktop)
- Follow us on Facebook
- Become a member!
- Browse or search back issues of Swedish American Genealogist
- Subscribe to Swedish American Genealogist (potential delays due to COVID-19)
- Read about some of the most-used genealogy resources
- Search the Swedish American Newspapers database for your ancestors
- Explore our archives, library, and PastPerfect database (archival collections and photographs)
- Don't know where to start? See Research Topics and Resources by Subject
- Read a sweet love letter collection, or explore all Digital Projects
- Read reports from our past Visiting Scholars and Faculty Research Stipend recipients