Career coaching appointments
Individual career coaching appointments are available to students and recent graduates regarding all areas of career planning and preparation. Students are assigned a career coach based on their major and area of study. Appointments can be scheduled online through our online career platform, Handshake.
Common topics for appointments include:
|• Major and career exploration||• Interviewing|
|• Major and career research||• Resumes and cover letters|
|• Networking||• Graduate/professional school|
|• Career decision-making||• Year of service|
|• Internship and job search||• Salary, negotiation and finance|
How to make an appointment:
1. Sign in to Handshake with your Augustana email and password (the same you use to access Arches etc.)
2. On the top, you will see "Career Center" - click the "Appointments" button under the “What can we help you find” prompt
3. On the next page, you will see a blue button on the top that says "Schedule a New Appointment" - click that
4. Select “Career Development Topics” or “Vocational Exploration”
5. Pick a more specific topic; some are based on your career field of interest (this will get you to the correct Career Coach or Advisor).
Whichever medium you select, once your appointment is accepted you will be sent a Google meeting invite with details on how to connect.