International application procedure
Admission to Augustana College of non-U.S. citizens — and those who have been educated outside of the U.S. for any time during their high school or secondary school career — is based upon overall academic strength as well as the financial ability to meet the cost of an Augustana education.
International applicants are advised to enroll fall term, which is the beginning of the school year (traditionally starting late August or early September) and gives students greater opportunities for orientation and participation.
Students who would like to be considered for admission should submit the following:
1. Choose an application:
- The Augustana Application is exclusive to Augustana College in Rock Island, Ill. It is available now for students entering in fall 2022 and spring 2022.
- The Common Application is helpful for students planning to apply to other schools using the same application. The Common Application is open for fall 2022 and spring 2022.
Your application is treated the same way, no matter which application you use.
2. Submit transcripts for consideration:
First-year applicants: Arrange for transcripts from your secondary school to be made available to Augustana. Transcripts must be in English. Unofficial transcripts can be uploaded to your application status page for consideration in admission, but if you are extended an offer of admission, then official transcripts, mark sheets, and test schools must be made available in order for you to fully matriculate to the institution. Official transcripts will be required to enroll at Augustana College.
Transfer applicants: Students with any post-secondary education from outside the U.S.: You will be required to submit an evaluation from an evaluation company recognized or endorsed by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of Credential Evaluation Services (AICE). All evaluations must be a divisional or course-by-course evaluation type that includes GPA. Official evaluations must be made available to Augustana College directly by the evaluation company and include both a certified transcript and an English translation (if the original documentation is not in English).
3. Demonstration of English language proficiency through the criteria listed by Augustana. International students are allowed to self-report scores, however official documentation and/or test results should be sent directly from the testing agency to Augustana College at the time of a deposit.
4. Have a teacher, academic advisor or school official send a letter of recommendation for you to Augustana (recommended but not required).
5. Apply for financial aid.
Augustana College offers both merit-based scholarships and need-based financial aid to international students. No additional application is required for the merit-based scholarships as all applicants for admission are automatically considered.
However, if you wish to apply for need-based financial aid, you must submit the Augustana Certificate of Finance found in the applicant portal.
International students are awarded financial aid based on their family's financial circumstances. The specific amounts of scholarship money and financial aid received are different for each applicant and we work on a case-by-case basis. It's important that you fill out this document accurately and completely.
Please mail documents to:
Office of Admissions
639 38th St.
Rock Island, Ill., 61201-2296
→ Official documents can be made available to Augustana College by your school counselor or Records office to email@example.com.
→ You can provide unofficial documents for consideration on your application to Augustana College using our upload form.