Skip to main content

International (non-domestic) Transcripts

Evaluation of International Transcripts

Transfer coursework coming from an international university will need to be submitted for evaluation by an approved agency (see links below.) Any of the NACES member institution evaluations will be accepted. Only coursework from other colleges or universities determined to receive a grade of equivalent of "C" or higher will be accepted for transfer credit.  The grade point average for courses accepted from other colleges or universities does not transfer.

Augustana does not perform internal translations/evaluations of international transcripts for any individuals, including:

  • new first year or transfer students;
  • coursework taken prior to first enrollment at Augustana;
  • currently enrolled or returning students who participate in an approved third-party international study experience;
  • students who wish to move from part-time/non-degree status to degree-seeking;
  • students who need to prove status of a degree for teacher certification or other non-degree program; and
  • students wishing to earn an American bachelor of arts degree after earning an international degree.

It is the responsibility of the student to arrange and pay for the evaluation through one of the third party evaluation agencies as linked below and arrange to have the official evaluation sent directly to the college from the agency. Augustana does not require an official copy of the international transcripts be sent to us unless it is part of an approved Augustana exchange agreement (see link to the Office of International and Off-Campus Programs below), only the official evaluation sent directly from the agency to Augustana College, Office of the Registrar.  

Agencies approved for evaluation: NACES approved agency list

 NOTE: Approved transfer courses will not be placed on a student's Augustana permanent record if the student has an outstanding balance in the Business Office.

Students participating in Augustana-approved study abroad programs should contact the Office of International and Off-Campus Study about the transfer approval process for those programs.

Letters Confirming Language of Instruction (International Students)

International students seeking to provide proof of the language of instruction at their high school should request an official letter from their principal or headmaster. Letter requirements include:

  • letter on official letterhead;
  • contain student's legal name;
  • indication of the official language of instruction at the high school;
  • seal or stamp of the school; and
  • wet signature of headmaster or principal (no e-signatures or emails accepted).

Please contact the Office of the Registrar if you have further questions. Please refer to the template for the letter.  For more information, see the Second Language section under requirements for the Bachelor of Arts degree or visit the Office of the Registrar.